Tuesday, October 2, 2012

4 months

Wren is 4 months now which means I've been a mother for that long but it seems like she's been around my whole life..and in a way she has. I've been dreaming of the day when I would get to hold a baby and be able to call her mine. Now my life revolves around her naps, our walks, it revolves around her and her happiness. A year ago today I found out that I was pregnant..I remember my eyes instantly filled up with tears..I've never been so relieved, so excited, so ready. There are moments everyday where Wren and I will both stare at each other. I wonder what she's thinking about, does she understand how much love Jas and I have for her, does she know she's blessed our lives in ways that I can't even understand? I stare at her and see little glimpse of me, a little of Jas, but I just see my little Wreny Lou..she has always been so familiar to me and am in awe of her every single day. 
I have always been grateful for my mom, but the day I first held my daughter and became a mom myself..that gratitude became more real to me. No wonder my mom still worries about me. I can't picture my life now not worried or thinking about my daughter. In my 4 months of being a mom..I've noticed life changes. It's challenging and you don't sleep much, but I've noticed the days are more simple, but they go by much faster. You start to see the world a little bit differently..through your children's perspective. You start to feel like you aren't perfect, but everyday you do what you can and only hope it's the best for them..for her. I know I have much to learn and I have so much room to grow, but I'm grateful for this little girl and I'm so grateful that she's has brought so much love and happiness in my sleepless, but simple days.

Happy 4 months little bird

1 comment:

Polly said...

what a beautiful post! I love the picture. It should be in a magazine.