Saturday, May 11, 2013
Mother's day is just around the corner and I took advantage of being a mom for the first time this year and got myself some free french toast from Kneaders. Pretty tasty and it's already been a good morning. Today I feel so grateful for my mom, Jason's mom, all of my friends who are moms, my sisters, etc. Being a mom is fun, challenging, stressful, happy..I've accepted those moments where I don't get ready, where I have spit up or dried food on my shirt, where I've become a human napkin for my little one. I've accepted that I have another human being to take after so me going to the gym or talking on the phone or even sleeping when I want too..will just have to wait.
There's this little one that depends on me and they just grow up too fast. I don't know everything about being a mom, I've been one for only 11 months but so much appreciation comes with this little bundle of joy and I'm a million times grateful for my mom, for her mom and all the moms that are the greatest example to me.
Happy Mothers Day
Monday, April 29, 2013
Dear Little Wren,
Shy of being 11 months, you are still pretty tiny, but you are growing more and more each day. You are becoming more of a little person who knows what you want and are willing to do about anything to reach your goal. I hope you continue to be like that even though at the moment it may be hard for me..but at the end of the day it makes me happy.
Everyday I see something new that you do and think.."Oh I hope I'll never forget that." But I could because there's something new with you everyday..we love that you are so happy..you wake up with a smile on that adorable little face and start clapping or pointing at us.
The nights where you sleep with us (lately it's been every night) you seem to want to cuddle with both of us. It usually starts with me, but throughout the night you sneak over and cuddle with dad.
I love that you are now waving but are waving to yourself.
Lately you've been doing a lot of arm and hand motioning. I can't explain it but it makes us laugh.
You usually fall asleep with your hands on top of one another or with your arms folded.
I love your little stretches, the way you eat your food, the sound you make as you crawl.
I love how you point your toe as we go for a walk in the stroller and love how your little fingers wrap around my shirt as I'm carrying you in the ergo. I love that you gasp and start patting my back when we walk outside.
I love when you sing and whisper and I wish I knew what you were thinking.
I love that you have to carry a toy in each hand as you're crawling and standing up on things. Its usually your bath animal toys that you love.
I love that you love to cuddle only when you're tired and are so active so busy and so happy.
Wren, we sure love every little tiny thing about you. I could go on and on about how wonderful you are. You are just a little bundle of every goodness that I love.
Happy 11 months
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
These days are messy. I wish I could just freeze time because she's growing up way to fast. But this bundle of 15 pounds is so much fun. She's becoming my hyper, more animated, more stubborn, more stinkin cute.
These days we are also doing more, eating more. This little bird is a big fan of hummus and going up stairs. She is into pointing and clapping and just being so cute.
If we aren't going on walks and taking naps together, we've been spending time with family.
This past week we celebrated my parents birthdays. I love my mom and dad and I love that Wren is so happy over at their house. Being a mom makes me grateful and so appreciative of all that my parents have done for me. I just hope they know how grateful I am of them.
This week is the last few days of the Spring semester which means I have a couple of weeks before Summer starts and I'll be busy hanging out with the babes, hopefully see my hard working husband, and there better be some sunshine and warm weather coming my way.
Until then..enjoy these pictures of my messy hungry baby. Oh man I'm just in love with this little one.
and Happy Birthday to my mom & dad..us Rasmussen's sure love you
Monday, April 15, 2013
My cousin Kerry nominated me for the libester award! (Go here for the cute header that I was having trouble with.) This is what its all about. Should be fun...thanks Ker
1. post 11 things about yourself
2. answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you
3. create 11 questions of your own to ask the bloggers to nominate
4. choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on your blog post
5. bloggers must be notified of their award!
6. no tag backs!
1. I'm a sucker for sharpie pens and handwritten letters. If you write me a card, it will make my whole day..maybe week
2. Jason & I first held hands walking down a street in Paris and our first kiss was in Rome in our hostel (with 20 other sleeping people around us)
3. I did a study abroad in Italy where I was suppose to learn how to speak Italian and learn how to cook, I came home with a good tan and a lot of pictures
4. I've been to 12 countries
5. The only person that likes my dancing is my 10 month baby girl
6. I love oreo's and milk
7. When I first kissed Jason (see #2) he was 19 and I didn't realize it
8. I married one of my best friends little brother 5 years after our first kiss
9. My favorite memory growing up was playing kick the can in my neighborhood
10. Was I the only one that loved high school?
11. I've been practicing yoga since I was 15 years old
Eleven Questions from Kerry
1. what is the scariest thing you have ever done in your life? In high school we would go to those haunted houses around Halloween..I hate those things. I usually end up on the floor being dragged by one of my friends (remember that Krista?)
2. if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go & why? Back to Rome with that hubby of mine..maybe back to that hostel too. Rome has my heart
3. what is your favorite book/series? Harry Potter and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series
4. what is your go-to phrase that you say the most? I say, "I sometimes, always..." I don't know why and it doesn't make any sense
5. if you could only listen to one album/record/ or song for the rest of your life, what would it be? Counting Crows-August and Everything After or Pearl Jam-Ten...I'm still stuck in the early 90's
6. if you could do anything for a job, what would you choose? I'm doing it..yoga instructor and being a mom
7. what is your favorite quote? Oh I have so many.. this one fits my life at the moment. "some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. delicious ambiguity..." gilda radner
8. are you an extrovert or introvert? depends on the day, but I would say I'm a extrovert
9. what is your favorite movie of all time & why? Amelie and Pride & Prejudice because I can never get sick of these goodies
10. if you could go to any concert, whether they are dead or alive, broken up or together, who would it be? I wish I could go back to Jason's (my husband) trucker band concert. Oh the stories that I have heard and wish I was apart of
11. where do you see yourself 5 years from now? maybe, hopefully being a mom of 2, still teaching yoga and loving life
Eleven Questions for You
1. What is one thing that you love about yourself?
2. If you could have lunch with anyone tomorrow, who would it be and why?
3. What is your favorite thing to cook or bake? (maybe give me a link to the recipe too!)
4. When you were a kid what did you want to be when you got older?
5. What is your favorite song to exercise too?
6. What is your favorite family tradition?
7. What is your favorite season and why?
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
9. What was your first memory of your husband?
10. What was your favorite memory growing up?
11. Who are the top 3 inspirational woman in your life?
Eleven Bloggers of my Choice (Have fun)
Some of these bloggers haven't blogged in awhile..it's time to come out of retirement
11. Krista Manning
Friday, April 12, 2013
These days I'm exhausted, but somehow I get this energy when I see that smile of hers. She really is one happy little babe.
This morning I taught another yoga class and now I'm holding my sleeping babe as I'm writing this...this morning is simple. The windows are open, there's a blue sky starring at my face. I hear her breathing, her little stuffy nose and her hand is wrapped around my arm. This is what I pictured and its more than picture perfect...it's pretty amazing. I'm sure once this babe of mine wakes up we'll go for a walk in her rainbow stroller (that I didn't know when I bought it) she'll probably squeal when we go outside like she usually does and we'll have a good day...with maybe a few melt downs but that's life and all I know it's a pretty good one.
Ps I'm sure you read Marta's post about "is blogging dead?" I hope it's not. I'm still here writing and reading...keep it up people!
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
|Wren & I-Easter egg hunt|
Happy Easter Happy blue skies Happy warm weather we've been having. Spring is here and making me happy. I can't wait until the days become warmer, but until then I'm happy with what we are having. Wren has been loving these days too. So curious about everything, so happy to be outside. Being 10 months now she has quite the personality. She's so busy, so happy and she's the best thing about my day. Easter weekend was spent outside, hiking, taking walks, drinking some jamba and finding some Easter eggs. It was the best spending it with family. This week little Wren got croup and much hasn't been going on except me holding and rocking this babe of ours. She's one sick little babes who still smiles in between her coughing and her naps and is only truly happy when we are outside.
|Wren finding her first Easter eggs|
|At Dad's work watching airplanes fly by|
|Playing under the blanket|