Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Steel Cut for the soul


Ever since we went to Tulie Bakery on that wintery morning... Jas and I have been dreaming of steel cut oatmeal and have taken upon ourselves to recreate this breakfast daily. We are now a huge fan of John McCann Steel Cut's and I have this meal everyday..sometimes twice a day. It's the best. Last night Jas and I ate some oats and started watching Lord of the Rings, it takes us a few weeks to get through all 3 since we are both exhausted and fall asleep half way through (jas made it 30 minutes in). Wren woke up as I was getting ready for yoga. She was way to happy for being so early and I envy that quality. It's hard not to smile at this happy babe so ready for the day. I left her with the sleepy dad and taught my only 2 classes this week. I spent the day at Abby's telling Nick, Jake & Sam stories and looking at fabric with Abby (she is one talented little lady.. more on that later). Wren is still asleep from her afternoon nap and when she wakes up I'm sure going to snuggle that little babes.
Tomorrow I'm preparing our stuffing which always reminds me of my Grandma DeSpain and I'll make another pan special for my dad (less carrots he says). I will also try and tackle homemade pie..crust, filling the works. Wish me luck since the pro at pie crust will be flying all day... Lets just say I'm a little nervous. 
Can't wait to spend Thanksgiving with my family and knowing this is Wren's first.. holidays are more fun with little kiddos even if the babes only 5 months and has no clue what's going on.

Happy Almost Thanksgiving

No comments: