Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Enchiladas anyone?




When I had Wren in June... we had so many people help us out with everything. Making dinners was one of the biggest helps that Jas and I completely appreciated. My cousin Brooke who had a little babe of her own and was pregnant at the time made us these awesome enchiladas that I had been craving ever since. Once I got the recipe from her I've made it quite a few times. It's so easy and super good. Oh and it's great for the next day when I send the left overs with Jason. 


Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

1/3 C Honey
1/4 C Lime Juice (about 2 or 3 limes)
2 tsp Chili Powder
2 Minced Garlic Cloves
2 free range Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded/chopped)
1 14oz can Green Enchilada sauce (mild)
1/2 C Cream or Half and Half

Cheese and Cilantro
Tortillas

Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic into a bowl and add the shredded chicken to marinate.  (I like it to marinate at least 1/2 hour to an hour-sometimes I even make it the night before and let it marinade all day so that I have one less thing to do.)

Mix green enchilada sauce and cream in another bowl and set aside.

Assemble your enchiladas as normal.  Tortilla, chicken mixture, cheese, and roll up.  Don't forget to spray the bottom of your 9x13 dish so that they won't stick.  Also add a little bit of the cream mixture to the bottom before you lay down the enchiladas.

Once you've rolled them - pour the remaining honey/lime juice to the cream mixture and pour over top of enchiladas.  Top with cheese, cover, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes-1 hour..you'll have to judge.

Before serving I like to put a little cilantro on top



2 comments:

al + sar said...

These are the best! Seriously love them.

marta said...

making these today.. if i have all the ingredients, that is!! thanks for posting these. mmmmm.