Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My New Ride

This green bike here is my new ride. Jason has been sweating his guts out fixing up our two old bikes given to us by sister in law Dotty. We finally took the bikes out last night while running some errands. Its sad to say that I'm a little rusty when it comes to bikes. I haven't been on a bike (not counting a spinning stationary bike) in such a long time. I was a little terrified as we went down a really steep hill, me thinking taking a short cut down a grassy slope would be a good idea when I just ended up sliding sideways and Jason looking really embarrased. I managed to pick up my bike and self confidence and finally got the hang of it. I realized how simple and fun riding a bike really is. It not only saves us gas money but we ended up having a great night finding new places to go to in the city. We celebrated our successful ride with chicken tacos and coffee icecream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new bike! And it sounds like you are having fun riding all over town..just look both ways before you cross the street, your mother

Krista said...

how fun! I wish ry would ride bikes with me.
and Happy Anniversary!!

Dblbogi said...

sweet wheels. !!! I need a good cruiser like that !!

mama jo said...

get a helmet!