Sunday, September 25, 2011

30

My favorite girlie in the world is turning 30 today. Those of you who know me know Marta or at least heard me talk about her a million times. She is the best friend, the girl who can make me laugh, who knows all of my mistakes and my flaws, who encourages me and makes me better. We have memories that go way way way back and this weekend was a favorite of mine. Marta opened her presents on the wooden floor of her new living room in her new home. We have opened presents everywhere from in our bedrooms at our parents houses to packages in the mail. It was fitting that on her 30th we opened presents in her new place..a new age, a new little life (more pictures to come). That day, we got paint and we painted and painted until 1:30 am. We were sweaty, tired and covered with paint but it was the best time I had in a long long time. 


In the early morning we moved boxes, furniture, toys and dishes. Her unique handwriting all over the boxes, getting little glimpse of the home becoming their own.


We ate chocolate chocolate dougnuts and Marta made sure we had water just because she is considerate like that. It was a great day to a great birthday girl who I love to pieces. She is the best, she is creative, so funny, full of talent, she is one of a kind and my best friend.


Happy Birthday MiniMart!

2 comments:

Polly said...

i am so happy you are still opening presents together. happy birthday marta.

Travelin'Oma said...

You're the best best friend a girl could have. Thanks for helping me raise Min!