Sunday, December 18, 2011

14 weeks and counting

There are a lot of things to be grateful for during this holiday season. One of my blessings has been being able to eat again. For those of you who don't know I am 14 weeks pregnant and I really couldn't be more happier, more grateful. Our little babe will be ready for the world around June 14th and I'm already counting the days, weeks and months to see this little one. Today we went to our nephew's blessing and watching Jason hold our adorable nephew made me get butterflies. He's already the best uncle to our family and I know he's going to be an amazing dad. Let's just say I'm filled with love and am very grateful.


So back to eating. It's been a few weeks of not feeling good. I've been craving meat which I found very odd. After a couple of years of not eating a cheese burger..I did it. I inhaled it like Michelle Rodriguez in Hawaii (remember Mullin fam?) and it tasted really good, then an hour later I threw it up, but I haven't given up. So now I'm really taking advantage of some food and date nights and date days. Here are a few of my favorite places, hopefully you can all agree with the list below or a must do on your date night list.


Blue Plate Diner: My favorite black bean breakfast burrito never gets old. I order it every time and our waiter even asks me if I'm getting my usual..should I feel embarrassed?
Red Rock: We ate there last night, Jas gets the french onion steak sandwich and it's delicious. I had a bite of his and it totally beat my black bean vegan burger. Pizza's are amazing there too!
Bohemian Brewery: If you're a meat lover..get the buffalo burger. It's the best along with their garlic french fries.
Ruth's Diner: There homemade biscuits are the best. I'm craving them right now
Red Iguana: I love my bean and cheese burrito smothered with enchiladas sauce..it's a Rasmussen favorite
Wild Grape: This place is only a few blocks from my house and I love it. I usually get the smoked portobello sandwich, but I gotta lay off soft cheeses for awhile. There grape salad is pretty tasty
The Pie: I'm going to have a lot of lay low date nights and nothing is better than a movie and a veggie supreme. 
La Frontera: Talk about smothered burrito goodness. I don't eat here enough, which is probably a good thing, but it's pretty delicious. 
Great Harvest: I'm still in love with my hummus harvest sandwich on savory bread. 
Royal India: There veggie masala is amazing


I know that I'll be cooking a lot at home..here are few favorites to whip up...this one, gotta make this and this one is super good and super easy.


Happy baby Happy eating

8 comments:

Polly said...

Can't wait to see little Lola or Leo. or maybe Lola and Leo? You'll be the best mom ever. love, your mom

Polly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merilee said...

Ha! I knew it!! I just had a feeling when I read a post of yours a little while ago. I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats!

Amber said...

YAY! Congratulations, we are so dang happy for your guys. Love the names, our little Henry was almost a Leo :) Funny how food tends to rule your thoughts, huh? I HAD to have a chicken gyro platter, complete with lemon rice and greek salad almost every week! Oh, and tons of green olives from Caputo's. Call me, I'll come eat with you!

mama jo said...

hahaha... your michelle rodriquez comment...glad you're able to eat something again....

marta said...

hooray hooray.. i'm just so excited for a new babe in your life. you guys will be so amazing as parents. she/he's gonna be the cutest. 2012 has such happy things in store for you. new house, new babe, new mamahood!

Ginnie said...

I had no idea and I'm so excited to meet Ginnie or Gimmie Jr! Love ya whit!

the mama monster said...

yay whit!!! so glad for you and jas. you will be darling. i crave meat like crazy when i am anemic and i am super low when i am pregnant. you give into those cravings you hear me?! your body knows what it is doing... i want to see your cute face and eat with you. that blue plate diner is on our list.