Thursday, June 14, 2012

2 week Wren

Can you tell that not much is happening around here except starting at this beauty of ours all day long. Today is June 14th, flag day, grandma June's birthday and was my due date. I've already been a mom for 14 amazing, emotional, rewarding, hard, loving, sleepless days. I cannot believe that it's gone by so fast and tomorrow she'll be 2 weeks old. She's still tiny and still sleeps a lot in the day..(we're working at the night schedule..very slow process). I stare at this baby and cannot believe she's our little girl. I've dreamt of the day when I would be a mom..meeting our girl in person, now all I dream about is did I feed or change her. People did warn me how hard it is, but how rewarding it truly is to be a mom. I can see what they mean. It's quite the adjustment and not feeling 100% doesn't help, but it is rewarding. Just looking at her is enough to melt my heart. She's truly the greatest blessing in my life. 

Happy flag day.

9 comments:

al + sar said...

Love this! Cant wait to see her!

Polly said...

she is beautiful! just like her mother.

Polly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mama jo said...

what a doll!
and all that hair!

Roman-Krauth Family said...

ENJOY the first year Whit..it goes by fast...Coby is 1 already

Merilee said...

She is so cute, and looks a lot like you! The first year really is just a blink of an eye. When your in it, it feels like it will last forever, and that it will always be hard, but then you turn around and they are 7! I hope I can still remember that in 3.5 months! haha

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ginnie said...

I adore her!

Pedaling said...

She is a beautiful baby. I've been enjoying all your posts and pictures!
Congratulations!