Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wren, rain and a birthday girl


Lately we've been taking pictures of what positions Wren sleeps in..above is a classic one. I love her baby arm reaching towards Jason's face..I'll be sad when she out grows this little blue number. Our days have been getting colder which means more leggings and animal beanies, we walked to City Creek yesterday and met up with my aunt Jo, Kerry, her hubby and little Ms Tar with that baby of hers.  This morning I woke to rain and taught a couple of yoga classes and spent the rest of the afternoon with the Birthday girl..last year we spent her birthday painting her empty house and thinking of the day where we'll have babies together..today we ate lunch at her house filled with our new born babies sleeping, screaming and her little man playing cars. I love how we take each other's birthdays so serious and I love how that girl has been by my side for 30 years..so fun to see how much our lives has changed and grown through the years..a big Happy Birthday to my cousin/twin Marta..you're the best and thank you for letting me come over to spend this special day with you and your crew. 
For the rest of the day, I'll be listening to my little babes talking, and making this soup that I love oh so much just because it's that good kind of soup for this good kind of weather..and I'll probably leave my house a mess because it's just one of those good old days.

Happy September 25th


2 comments:

marta said...

whit. you are a dream. and look at that little fam of yours!! thanks for spending this rainy birthday with me. if we were in ninth grade, we would've been so happy it's raining and playing counting crows!! now we just have baby cries and coos to hear.

p.s. you owe me a stellar mix; i'll provide the cd.

Travelin'Oma said...

I remember the days when you guys were obsessed with "My So-Called Life." Now you're into real life, big time! Great job!