Friday, April 12, 2013

The bird & I

Yesterday I woke up, taught my 2 morning classes came home and spent the day with the bird. I took a nap with her and then we ran some errands. She's just my little sidekick and I love it. I remember saying to Jason before I was pregnant that I felt like there is something bigger in my life... bigger than me and all the worldly things that I have loved. I could see myself with a little sidekick going on walks, running errands, and here I am with a 10 month bundle of pure joy and cuteness.
These days I'm exhausted, but somehow I get this energy when I see that smile of hers. She really is one happy little babe.
This morning I taught another yoga class and now I'm holding my sleeping babe as I'm writing this...this morning is simple. The windows are open, there's a blue sky starring at my face. I hear her breathing, her little stuffy nose and her hand is wrapped around my arm. This is what I pictured and its more than picture perfect...it's pretty amazing. I'm sure once this babe of mine wakes up we'll go for a walk in her rainbow stroller (that I didn't know when I bought it) she'll probably squeal when we go outside like she usually does and we'll have a good day...with maybe a few melt downs but that's life and all I know it's a pretty good one.
Happy Friday

Ps I'm sure you read Marta's post about "is blogging dead?" I hope it's not. I'm still here writing and reading...keep it up people!

3 comments:

Polly said...

i love reading your posts. what lovely thoughts you are writing to remember these most precious days. there will always be difficult times in our lives and that's why it is most important to write about,remember and appreciate these perfect days.

Polly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i sure hope its not dead! i love reading your blog & ill be sad if others stop writing too! btw, i nominated you for the liebster award! check it out http://www.kerryjune.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html