Sunday, September 22, 2013

September


It's the end of September and where did the summer go? I'm not sure if I'm ready for it to be over, but the colder air makes me excited for the leaves changing, warmer clothes, and holidays coming up. I haven't been blogging much either.. haven't been really motivated, maybe too tired and our days have been busy.. busy swimming, going on walks, hiking, going to California, Wyoming, working, spending time with family, but there are those days where it was too hot to go outside or we were just too lazy to do anything and we've enjoyed things to be more simple. 
Watching the lighting outside our window, going on night runs, spending time at home watching our toddler learn and explore. 
Wren's personality is coming out more and more each day and she cracks me up. The facial looks, the things she's trying to say, becoming more stubborn, more sweet, more dramatic... and I love it. She keeps me busy these days and I do have those moments. Those moments where I'm exhausted and lose patience.. mostly with myself because I expect that I should have it together, that I should get out of my yoga clothes, I should have dinner ready, etc. A lot of the times I say to myself practice what you preach.. in yoga I tell my students everyday to let go of the expectation that we have for ourselves and be a little more content. Most days I am okay with the mess, with the chaos, with me because I've got this little one making me live in the moment and I'm eating it up along with her.. but I find those moments where I feel like I could be a better mom, a better wife, do more, be more, etc. 
Every fall in my classes I focus on a fall detox which I mentioned here a few years ago, simple steps to get ourselves ready mentally and physically for the winter months. Reading up on the detox, I found this quote saying, "At the junction between the heat of summer and the cold of winter, you have a real opportunity to let go of bad habits and embrace healthier ones. Only then can you have space to establish the good habits you need to create the kind of health and vibrancy you want for your life." I love that quote and its such a good reminder for me, especially now when I want to be a positive person for Wren. We all have our moments and are hard on ourselves but it's a good reminder to start getting rid of the negativity and embrace being more positive.. being more content. 
It's a work in progress but until I've reached my goals.. I've got this pretty face and these blue eyes to keep me busy and to keep me smiling.
Happy September


3 comments:

mama jo said...

so, so cute!!!!

Polly said...

great advice..and oh my goodness what a beautiful picture of wren! she is sooooooo cute!!!! thanks for the visit, you both brighten our day!

Polly said...

great advice..and oh my goodness what a beautiful picture of wren! she is sooooooo cute!!!! thanks for the visit, you both brighten our day!